1/ Vietnam Visa Exemption list 2019 for 5 European countries
Vietnam government has decided to extend visa waivers program for tourists from 5 European countries (United Kingdom, France, Germany, Italy, and Spain). Visitors from these countries are exempt from visa to 30 June, 2021 if the stay is less than 15 days,applicable to all kinds of passport and travel purposes
* Condition to get free Vietnam Visa for citizens of United Kingdom, France, Italy, Spain and Germany:
– Passport must be valid for more than 6 months from the entry date Vietnam.
– The entry date must be at least 30 days from the previous exit. Otherwise that person is required to have appropriate visa to enter Vietnam.
– Foreigners holding British National Oversea (BNO) passports are not exempted from visa requirement, thus must have appropriate visas to visit Vietnam.
2/ Vietnam visa waiver program – updated list 2019:
|No||Citizens of||Days for visa-free|
|1||United Kingdom||15 days (Valid until 30 June 2021)|
|2||France||15 days (Valid until 30 June 2021)|
|3||Italy||15 days (Valid until 30 June 2021)|
|4||Spain||15 days (Valid until 30 June 2021)|
|5||Germany||15 days (Valid until 30 June 2021)|
|6||Belarus||15 days (Valid until 30 June 2020)|
|8||South Korea||15 days|
|22||Myanmar||30 days (starting from 01 Jan 2020|
|23||Chile||90 days (Starting from 11 August 2017)|
* IMPORTANT NOTES:
– You can check to know if you need visa to Vietnam or not by click here.
– International visitors travel to Phu Quoc island will be exempted from Vietnam visa for 30 days.
– Citizens of Cambodia, Thailand, Laos, Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia, Philippines, Brunei and Myanmar can enter and exit Vietnam multiple times as they want with a visa-free for a specific of time as mentioned above without extra requirement.
– Citizens of South Korea, Japan, Russia, Denmark, Sweden, Finland, Norway, United Kingdom, Italy, Germany, Spain, Belarus and France, who enter into Vietnam without a visa under unilateral visa exemption, are required a gap of at least 30 days from the last day exit Vietnam then able to re-enter the country for a visa-free.
For example: A Russian citizen entering Vietnam dated 1st January 2019 and leaves Vietnam on 10th January 2015. If this he/she want go back to Vietnam for a visa-free, he/she have to wait at least 30 days 10th Jan 2019, otherwise, he/she have to apply for a visa.
3/ Vietnam approves E-Visa
From 2020, tourist holding valid passport of 81 countries can get online entry visa to Vietnam. E-Visa can be applied personally or through inviting organizations, and is valid for maximum for 30 days with single entry. Fee is paid via electronic payment gateway and will not be refund in case of the application refused.
What’s a Vietnam e-Visa?
The Vietnam e-Visa is no different from any type of Vietnam visa, except that the process of applying for this visa is done online. Unlike the other visas where you need to show up at an embassy and physically submit the requirements, this visa can be accomplished right in the comfort of your own home. You just need your computer or mobile phone and an Internet connection.
The Vietnam e-Visa will let you enjoy a single entry to Vietnam and stay there for 30 days. This visa will be sent to your email after 2 -3 business days of applying for it online. But there are rare instances that the processing of this visa can be delayed. This is why the Vietnam Immigration urged visitors to apply for this visa at least 7 days before their trip to the country. You can also opt for rush processing that will cost you more.
As of the moment, Vietnam e-visa 2020 applies to citizens of more than 81 countries. If you qualify for this visa and you’re visiting Vietnam soon, you better apply for this visa as early as now.
How Can You Benefit from the Vietnam E-visa?
The e-Visa will let you enter Vietnam once and stay there for a maximum of 30 days. If you want to extend your stay in Vietnam, you can get out of the country and apply for the e-Visa again. For tourists who require multiple-entry visas, the Visa on Arrival might be a better option. With this visa, you have an option to apply for the multiple-entry visa and stay for a maximum of 90 days.
The best thing about applying for the Vietnam e-Visa is that it’s so easy to apply and very convenient as well. As mentioned, the process of applying for the visa is done over the Internet. There’s no need to leave your home for this. In fact, you can apply for this visa anywhere you are in the world.
All you need to do is to access the website from your computer or mobile phone. Fill out the application form with your name and other important details. Then pay for the visa-processing fee using your credit card or debit card. You will then receive a confirmation that your visa is being processed. In 2 – 3 days, you’ll get your e-visa!
Who Are Eligible to Apply for the Vietnam e-visa 2020?
As of now, the Vietnam e-visa is being offered to more than 81 nationalities:
|United Arab Emirates||Monaco||Estonia|
|Slovakia||Macau (China)||China Mainland|
|Qatar||Kazakhstan||Bosnia and Herzegovina|
|Papua New Guinea||India||Australia|
|Norway||Hong Kong (China)||Andorra|
What Are the Requirements In Applying for the Vietnam e-Visa?
Of course, just like with applying for any kind of visa, there are certain requirements that you need to accomplish in order to be approved of the Vietnam e-visa 2020. Here they are:
- Passport with a validity of 6 months from your date of entry.
- Clear photo in a jpeg format. The background should be white and your face should be clear without any glasses.
- Valid email address for your visa to be sent
- Credit card or debit card for the payment of the visa
Once you have all these requirements, then you can start applying for the Vietnam e-visa. Make sure you double-check the information you have entered on the application form before submitting it. If the details are not accurate, your visa might not be approved. You also could be denied entry to the country if some of the details do not match with what’s on your passport. The immigration officer will ask for your passport along with the printed visa as you pass through the airport’s immigration counter.
*** Perfect timing, perfect opportunity to travel Vietnam and explore one of the countries worth visited in your bucket list! Join us in the journey!